Android phone question

Anything related to the Ooma Residential calling app
drhiii
Android phone question

Post by drhiii » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:50 am

Am a new Ooma user. Am asking a freshman question so hopefully not too many flames.

We have personal Android cell phones. We would like to be able to use these cell phones through the Ooma device at home, so we are using Ooma to make calls with our cells phones, from home, instead of using minutes on our cell plan.

The problem is I see 2 or 3 possible devices or apps that talk about doing this. Can anyone just point to what device or app that would permit us to use our cell phone, or phones, via the Ooma device while at home.

And, is there a way to use such a thing away from home? From home is the main thing.

tx, david

Artie009

Re: Android phone question

Post by Artie009 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:07 am

Hi David,

I'm also new, but am a retired Electrical Engineer. Software isn't my specialty however.

When I asked the same question of Ooma (just about 15 days ago), I was told that I could use my cellphone and the Mobile HD app to make and receive calls any time it was within range of a wifi. When asked about taking the mobile phone on the road, Ooma is supposed to make and receive calls from the mobile HD app as long as the Ooma box has an internet connection. It doesn't matter where the box is located, as long as it has an internet connection.

Hope this helps.

Artie

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:14 pm

The Ooma box doesn't need to have an internet connection. You just need to have an Ooma account set up to forward calls to the app.

Artie009

Post by Artie009 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:13 pm

TY Tom.