iOS App Wont stay logged in

Anything related to the Ooma Residential calling app
kliqls
iOS App Wont stay logged in

Post by kliqls » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:32 am

Device: iPhone 6
OomaMobile HD: 5.4.1

I am still forced to use Google Hangouts and/or Magic Jack because the Ooma app, while it works great when it works, the app will not stay logged in or receive calls when the app is loaded or not. MagicJack and Hangouts both work flawlessly whether they are loaded or not. Ooma Mobile app needs to be loaded and currently logged in to receive a call. Even if I log it in and leave it loaded, after a while, it disconnects and will not receive a call. When I go back to the loaded app, it spins its wheel saying "Logging In" but then really doesn't and I have to hit the log in button to load it once again. Why can't it just stay logged in once it's set up?

It is not a reliable app this way. I am overseas and need my stateside family to be able to get ahold of me when needed. Why can it not have the same basic behavior as MagicJack and Hangouts and be able to receive or notify of an incoming call no matter what the app's running state is?

MagicJack has had this for years, this isn't a new feature to the world, it's 2015! This should just work as expected and as common as air conditioning in Las Vegas. Please figure this out Ooma, you are looking very unprofessional and un-premium.

thad
Ooma Moderator

Re: iOS App Wont stay logged in

Post by thad » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:28 pm

We have a new release, pending approval by Apple, that should solve this problem. Stay tuned.

thad
Ooma Moderator

Re: iOS App Wont stay logged in

Post by thad » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:26 am

Please try the new version 5.6 of the iOS app, available in the app store today. Note that when the app shows "Logging In" briefly when opened from the background, it does not necessarily mean the app was logged out (we are working on making that clearer). Please let us know if you continue having the same issue with this version.