Call forwarding settings change removes Telo

Anything related to the Ooma Residential calling app
thomasm
Call forwarding settings change removes Telo

Post by thomasm » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:46 am

Today I installed the latest version of the Android mobile app. Unlike the previous version it doesn't seem to crash. But I discovered a new bug.

My call forwarding was set to "only when Telo is offline" and both the Telo and the forwarding numbers were set to ring. Using the mobile app, I changed the number that calls forward to when the Telo is offline and I saved it.

Then I checked with the beta web page and THE TELO WAS NO LONGER SET TO RING. This is a major problem, as if I hadn't discovered this I would have missed all my incoming calls.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: Call forwarding settings change removes Telo

Post by Tom » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:03 am

a bug has been entered for this

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:16 am

As an update, I discovered that when you make ANY changes to your call forewarding settings using the Android mobile app, the check box to ring the Telo ON BOTH LINES (numbers) become unchecked and the Telo will no longer ring until this is fixed using the web page.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:30 pm

Reason for this behavior is that the mobile apps are still using the Classic MyOoma presentation of the forwarding options. There is a bug open to update the apps to the new MyOoma.

Meanwhile however you need not be concerned about missing calls to your telo when enabling "Forward on Network Outage" in the app. The telo will still receive calls even though the telo icon is not checked on the MyOoma webpage.

Admittedly this is confusing, but functionally the app page is equivalent to the web page; with one exception, which is that with the app page you can't select to ring the app when enabling "Forward on Network Outage" (and if you choose this config on the web page, the app won't be able to display it).

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:25 am

Very helpful information-thanks!

I'm just happy the current version of the Android mobile app runs at all on my Android 4.0 (ice cream sandwich) smartphone. The previous version would not.

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:20 am

Tom B wrote:a bug has been entered for this
Apparently nobody saw the bug report since I just installed the new version of the Android mobile app that just was released AND THE PROBLEM AS DESCRIBED IN THIS THREAD STILL EXISTS.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:11 am

Fix for that bug is not ready yet. It's a UI change.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:34 am

The new forwarding UI is available now in iOS app v5.9.1 and Android app v3.8.