Ooma IOS HD App Ver 5.6 - Working Great!

Anything related to the Ooma Residential calling app
Iraisok
Ooma IOS HD App Ver 5.6 - Working Great!

Post by Iraisok » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:35 pm

Good News Post:

Equipment: iPhone 4, IOS 7.1.2

1. Finally ... The app rings simultaneous with home phone.
Prior app versions wouldn't start ringing until 4th ring on home phone. At 4 1/4 rings home answering machine (integrated with phone) picks up. Most of the time I could not answer on the app. Problem solved with App 5.6.

2. Finally ... To view call log, I only need to press the Call Log icon at top.
Prior app versions required to first press the handset "Call" icon then the Call log icon.

3. Finally ... I do not need to login to the the Ooma app every time I turn iPhone on.
Prior app versions did not work unless I would login each time I turned phone on.

4. Finally ... app STOPS ringing when call is answered from home. This may have been fixed in an earlier update but it works right in Ver 5.6 and worth mentioning,

5. Good/solid communication quality on WiFi and 3g.

Wish List:
a. Please Do NOT take even one step backward on future updates. Of course this is a software designers dream.
b. When call is answered by someone on home phone, the app should report "Answered at Home" not "Missed Call" and be reported in the App Call Log as such.
c. Pretty Please add a simply button at top of Call log to "CLEAR ALL" ... one simple easy peasey keystroke. I know this can be done.

If I can think of other wish items I'll add them to this list.

Thanks! Good Job!
Ira

thad
Ooma Moderator

Re: Ooma IOS HD App Ver 5.6 - Working Great!

Post by thad » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:49 pm

Thanks for the positive feedback and suggestions Ira. Regarding the features of the call log, we have both of those on the wish list and I hope we can deliver them before too long.

Best,
Thad