called party hears own voice delayed 1-2 seconds?

Anything related to the Ooma Residential calling app
ksu6500
called party hears own voice delayed 1-2 seconds?

Post by ksu6500 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:57 pm

I have installed the Ooma Mobile HD app on my Google Nexus 7 tablet running Android version 5.1.1. I have two problems with the mobile app so far.

1. When I make an outbound call from my tablet, the called party hears their own voice through their phone speaker back at them delayed by about 1-2 seconds. This is obviously a big problem for them to carry on a conversation. I have no problems on my tablet understanding their voice and my own voice does not delay back at me.

2. When I receive an inbound call on my tablet, I hear my own voice back through my tablet speakers delayed about 1-2 seconds. The calling party has no problems on their end.

Any thoughts on how to correct this major problem? :cry:

FYI, I have Google Fiber internet and am using the dual band AC router built into the network box. My wifi network speed with the 5Ghz band normally runs about 80mbps both upload and download with a 5ms ping.

Iraisok

Re: called party hears own voice delayed 1-2 seconds?

Post by Iraisok » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:16 pm

I think the feedback is your speaker to your mic back to the other party. if you used an airphone, I do not think the other party would hear them self back. I understand you would not want to do that. Try lowering your tablet speaker volume.