No incoming ring with Android Ooma HD

Anything related to the Ooma Residential calling app
ege bamyasi
No incoming ring with Android Ooma HD

Post by ege bamyasi » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:29 am

I installed Ooma HD and signed up for the one month Premier trial. I can't so far get a ring on incoming calls. Outgoing call quality is great, though and all the other Premier features seem to be working with my service. I'm using a Galaxy S3 with FreedomPop which works exclusively over Sprint's data network (or wifi).

ege bamyasi

Re: No incoming ring with Android Ooma HD

Post by ege bamyasi » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:33 am

Ah Ha!!! Just found it in My Ooma/Call Forwarding Preferences :D

Artie009

Post by Artie009 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:54 am

ege bamyasi wrote:I installed Ooma HD and signed up for the one month Premier trial. I can't so far get a ring on incoming calls. Outgoing call quality is great, though and all the other Premier features seem to be working with my service. I'm using a Galaxy S3 with FreedomPop which works exclusively over Sprint's data network (or wifi).
I have the same phone (S3), with a stock operating system, except that my phone is rooted. I have avoided making changes to the phone because I need to make sure the Ooma HD app is working properly before I begin making improvements to the operating system. I've burned nearly half of my free trial, and the S3 won't ring when there is an incoming call. It makes outgoing calls (over wifi) just fine.

I received an email yesterday from a customer care person stating that an engineering representative wanted to make sure I downloaded the latest version, which I did yesterday. No change.

My case has been re-escalated to engineering.

If anyone has a solution for this problem, I'd sure appreciate an email or a forum post.

TY. Artie

Artie009

Post by Artie009 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:21 pm

Update

Ooma believes there is an intermittent associated with the vendor that supplies the telephone number I chose. They are moving to verify the issue, although at this moment, the problem still exists.

Will keep the group posted.

A