Ooma HD requirements

Anything related to the Ooma Residential calling app
Woomera
Ooma HD requirements

Post by Woomera » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:59 pm

Just signed up for Ooma and loving it so far. Installed the latest app from Google Play on Android and enabled Outgoing AND Incoming calls.

No problem with outgoing calls over WiFi ...but incoming doesn't ring and goes to voicemail.

Currently , I'm just a basic subscriber...no Premier and I have no funds in my pre paid account.

I notice in My Ooma preferences > Ooma mobile is enabled , but on the right it says

Using Ooma mobile requires a pre paid account.

I guess I'm asking if Ooma mobile incoming calls are available to Basic subscribers and do I need funds in my pre paid account to get incoming calls to work ? I intend to ad some funds to cover long distance calls from home, just haven't done it yet.

thanks in advance

oomamaniacal

Re: Ooma HD requirements

Post by oomamaniacal » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:16 pm

To get incoming calls, you need to make sure that the mobile app checkbox is checked here: https://my-beta.ooma.com/preferences/call_forwarding

Call forwarding is a Premier feature. However, all newbies get a free, 60-day trial period.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

Woomera

Post by Woomera » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:50 pm

Yes...I understand that forwarding is a Premier feature and I'm not a Premier subscriber , but that's using cell data...i'm talking about the Ooma Android app on WiFi. As I explained , I already have it active in my profile

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:03 pm

Whether you're connecting with cell data or Wi-Fi, you must have call forwarding enalbed to get incoming calls. So, I am sorry, but you would need to have Premier to get incoming calls.

However, with all the benefits you get, I think Premier is a good deal.
Premier Subscriber
Google Voice Extensions

Woomera

Post by Woomera » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:39 am

I appreciate you taking the time to reply , however my question is about receiving INCOMING CALLS WITH THE OOMA HD APP ON ANDROID

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:45 am

Yes, I know that you want to receive incoming calls on the mobile app. I USE THAT APP. But again, the incoming call feature is not for Basic users because it requires the call forwarding in My Ooma to be set for the Ooma Mobile App. And Basic users don't have call forwarding--they just have the "basics." That's a good reason to upgrade to Premier. :)
Premier Subscriber
Google Voice Extensions

Artie009

Post by Artie009 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:20 am

I am new to Ooma, and I'm trying to use the mobile HD app for incoming and outgoing calls.

It does not work for incoming calls. Look around the forum, there are possibly 100's with the same technical issue. My case has been expedited and re-expedited to 'Engineering', but the engineers have yet to contact me.

By the way, if you just joined Ooma, you have the Premiere plan complimentary for up to 60 days. SO, forwarding to the mobile app should function for you until your 60 day trial is over.

Right now, my mobile app (samsumg S3) does not ring or react in anyway to incoming calls. I have no use for the service if I can't use it to make and receive calls from my wifi connected android phone.

I wish everyone who has the problem with the unresponsive incoming call problem the best of luck, YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

A

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:57 am

Yes, newbies automatically get a 60-day trial of Premier.

I just received an Incoming call on the Ooma Android Mobile App. I am also using a Samsung Galaxy phone. Did you look at the settings on the mobile app to make sure that the calling mode is set for "inbound and outbound?"
Premier Subscriber
Google Voice Extensions

Artie009

Post by Artie009 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:12 pm

Yes, the mobile phone is set for both inbound and outbound.