Login Failed

Anything related to the Ooma Residential calling app
mcrispyn
Login Failed

Post by mcrispyn » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:29 am

New to OOMA and I'm trying to get the Mobile HD app working. I keep getting a Sip Registration error 408. Server response:(null).

I'm on an iPhone 6+ running IOS9 PB4. I get the same thing on my iPad Air2

Anyone else run into this?
Thanks

mcrispyn

Re: Login Failed

Post by mcrispyn » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:23 am

So I got this resolved... I even tried with a iPhone on IOS8 and had the same result. I ended up having to login in to the old version of the dashboard and go to Mobile devices (for some reason this is not an option on the new version of the dashboard) and unselect the Mobile device support, save it, then go back in and enable it. Deleted and reinstalled the app from the App Store and it worked.

Hope this helps someone else.

jtso23

Post by jtso23 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:00 pm

Same thing happened to me and was driving me nuts. I contacted OOMA chat support and they told me to call back tomorrow for more troubleshooting. mcrispyn's solution fixed it for me, thanks for posting!

For others who are having the same issue here is a link to the old version: https://my.ooma.com/

new version (doesn't have the Ooma Mobile tab in Preferences): https://my-beta.ooma.com

s b

Post by s b » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:35 am

Thanks mcrispyn - that worked for me as well. iPhone 4s on ios 8.4 jailbroken.

s b

Post by s b » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:38 am

... as far as logging into the old version (after updating to the new version in firefox), I kept getting redirected to the new version. Instead of mucking about with the hosts file I was able to get to the old version of the OOMA dashboard in IE.

anandamoyb

Post by anandamoyb » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:13 pm

mcrispyn - thanks much. This trick worked for me as well... in case it helps anyone..

1. the my-beta.ooma.com actually has a link to switch to old version which says 'Switch to My Ooma Classic'

2. for me the mobile enable checkbox appeared under preferences, not under dashboard

It's very surprising they did not migrate this feature in the new version - but I guess that's why it's called a 'beta' version