Ooma calls remotely, from another phone?

Anything related to the Ooma Residential calling app
art97ooma
Ooma calls remotely, from another phone?

Post by art97ooma » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:57 pm

I'm posting in the "Ooma Mobile HD app thread" because it's kind of related.

Can I dial into my Ooma account and then make a call and have the call look like I am making a call with my Ooma phone even though I'm offsite and not using my Ooma phone (the one in my house).

I know that's a mouthful, but I think somebody will know what I'm talking about. Google Voice permits you to call into your Google Voice number from any phone, and then make a phone call with your Google Voice number, so the person your calling see your Google Voice number, even though you might be using your friend's phone. I'm trying to see if you can do the same thing.

I assume the Mobile HD app permits this, but this is a voip call over wifi or data. I'm trying to see if you can dial into your Ooma account and make a Ooma call with any landline or cell phone.

oomamaniacal

Re: Ooma calls remotely, from another phone?

Post by oomamaniacal » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:16 pm

No, Ooma does not have that feature.

But, I setup My Ooma so that it will display my Google Voice number as the outgoing caller ID when I call from a home phone.

Basically, I use Google Voice with Ooma, and have the features of both services.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

art97ooma

Re: Ooma calls remotely, from another phone?

Post by art97ooma » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:10 am

oomamaniacal wrote:No, Ooma does not have that feature.

But, I setup My Ooma so that it will display my Google Voice number as the outgoing caller ID when I call from a home phone.

Basically, I use Google Voice with Ooma, and have the features of both services.
Thanks. I figured we didn't have this feature. Thanks for pointing out that Google Voice has the feature.

I was trying to see if Ooma had a similar feature on its own (without Google Voice).

Does the Ooma mobile app, when making voip calls with it, show those calls as coming from your Ooma number?