Strange behaviour in iOS mobile app

Anything related to the Ooma Residential calling app
Feibo
Strange behaviour in iOS mobile app

Post by Feibo » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:03 pm

I am experiencing problems using the iOS Ooma HD app on my new iPhone 6s+. Here is the issue….

If I restart my phone, then I go into the Ooma HD app, it will log in to Ooma (it does not do it automatically). However, I can live with that if I have to. The real problem is that after starting up the phone and logging into the Ooma servers, the app seems to work fine, and can receive an incoming call, handle an outgoing call, or register a missed incoming call. The issue that it can correctly do any one of those things after a restart of the phone, BUT ONLY ONCE. Once any of those things happen, the app will no longer work correctly. If an incoming call is missed, then the app icon label shows a missed call (and there is a notification of a missed call in the Notification Centre), but no missed call is shown in the call logs. If an incoming call is accepted, then there is no audio in either direction. If an outgoing call is placed, then there is no audio in either direction. If I shut down the phone and restart it, then I go into the Ooma app and login in again, then the app will again work correctly ONCE. This is completely repeatable and will happen every time. Please help me, it is making the app unusable. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

dlong

Re: Strange behaviour in iOS mobile app

Post by dlong » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:06 am

Yes. I'm experiencing this. The Ooma Mobile app loses all audio on incoming/outgoing calls.

After several days of testing, this is what I've reliably replicated: The app functions correctly on first run. If the Ooma HD app is inactive (for an undetermined) time, all next inbound calls lose incoming/outgoing audio. Once the Ooma app is quit and restarted, all audio works again.

I am getting ready to file a bug report. This also occurred on the last release.

Ooma mobile HD 5.11
iPhone 5s -- iOS 9.1
Premier Account since 2009

Advanced SIP Settings -- Auto
HD Voice -- Disabled