Where is Windows phone APP????

Anything related to the Ooma Residential calling app
peteg
Re: Where is Windows phone APP????

Post by peteg » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:15 pm

Does anyone have new info on this?
We're running Win10 on four phones in our household, and really want to be able to catch home calls, at times.

I see there's a package on "windowsphoneapp", from 12/15, but it's hard to tell if it's really from Ooma (the publisher "looks" like Ooma, but it's not verified).
Clearly it wouldn't be good to be entering credentials into a fake app...

Thanks,

skadmin

Post by skadmin » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:35 am

Microsoft just announced Windows 10 is running on 270 million devices. Why doesn't Ooma want even a slice of that?

tegelad

Post by tegelad » Thu May 19, 2016 2:01 pm

I personally would hope that Ooma wouldn't waste development resources on a dead phone that uses dead technology. Being honest, if they needed/wanted an application, I would hope for a windows 10 normal operating system variant, but the defies the word "mobile" ...

As someone who has done mobile internet technology since 1999, the day microsoft pulls the plug will be the smartest thing they can do, since they epically failed, and it appears they are in the process of doing it (just like they did on their failed Zune, and countless others.

http://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-may- ... -riddance/

They blew $7.2 billion ... and it appears they will reclaim $350 million.

So the app is super awesome, I would suggest you find a carrier that you can port to and do a carrier swap and pick an android or iPhone device and join the 99% of the population .....

tegelad

Post by tegelad » Fri May 20, 2016 9:46 am

I actually stand corrected ... I was wrong in my percentage statement .... it is actually 0.7% now ....

http://mspoweruser.com/gartner-windows- ... 0-q1-2016/

tegelad

Post by tegelad » Thu May 26, 2016 6:52 am

skadmin

Post by skadmin » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:12 am

You obviously don't realize that Windows app are more than mobile. Windows apps run everywhere. Microsoft plans to have a billion windows devices by 2020, they are already up to 300 million. Why would Ooma want to miss out on that opportunity? Windows apps are write once run everywhere.