Where is Windows phone APP????

Anything related to the Ooma Residential calling app
Tulak
Where is Windows phone APP????

Post by Tulak » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:21 pm

This was asked many times!
Where is Windows phone APP???
Last time when I asked it was told me that ooma is working on it!
If you are working on it so tell us where is it or when will come out! You must know something!

skadmin

Re: Where is Windows phone APP????

Post by skadmin » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:19 am

needs to be a Windows 10 universal app though.

Post by 7787350457 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:32 am

Where is the promised windows app.???? you had a beta over a year ago and then stopped development why//

We were told it would be available later, it is now much later with no sign of progress, when might we see some progress ???

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:32 pm

A better question might be, "Where are the Windows phones (besides Redmond)?" I don't know anyone who has one.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

Post by 7787350457 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:35 am

Your circle must be very limited, there are people who use/own windows phones

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:14 pm

7787350457 wrote:Your circle must be very limited, there are people who use/own windows phones
With only a 1.7 out of 100 market share, the odds are not in my favor.

http://tech.slashdot.org/story/16/01/29 ... rm-is-dead
Premier Subscriber
Google Voice Extensions

southsound

Post by southsound » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:50 pm

Just read this the other day on digitaltrends:
It’s kinda tough to represent brand loyalty when you don’t practice it yourself. Especially when you’re the face of Microsoft’s Windows Phone and you’re caught tweeting with an iPhone. On Tuesday, Joe Belfiore, the corporate vice president of Microsoft’s operating systems group (and more importantly, the public-facing persona of his company’s smartphone), tweeted a photo from Kyoto. But many were quick to notice that the seemingly innocent tweet was sent from a not-so-innocent source — an iPhone.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:21 pm

southsound wrote:Just read this the other day on digitaltrends:
It’s kinda tough to represent brand loyalty when you don’t practice it yourself. Especially when you’re the face of Microsoft’s Windows Phone and you’re caught tweeting with an iPhone. On Tuesday, Joe Belfiore, the corporate vice president of Microsoft’s operating systems group (and more importantly, the public-facing persona of his company’s smartphone), tweeted a photo from Kyoto. But many were quick to notice that the seemingly innocent tweet was sent from a not-so-innocent source — an iPhone.
That's funny, but it does not surprise me. However, if Ooma did release a Windows phone app, I would probably be questioning that decision on this Forum, employing a generous number of question marks.

I used to use a Microsoft Zune music player (Microsoft's answer to the iPod). The software was a bit buggy, but the sound quality was better than the iPod and I liked the ergonomics of the player. The built-in battery has seen better days, so I had to quit using it. Unfortunately, Microsoft discontinued the players and no longer supports the legacy models.

I have a feeling that the Windows Phones will have a similar fate, even though they may be great phones. To the members of the Microsoft Marketing Team--I am certainly not against having a competitor to Android and Apple phones, but would be concerned, at this point, about Ooma using its limited development resources to support a product that is a longshot at best. Especially, when there are improvements to My Ooma that would benefit more users, such as logging of blocked calls and easier ability to add robo call numbers to the national Nomorobo database.
Premier Subscriber
Google Voice Extensions

bigchicken

Post by bigchicken » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:36 am

Windows 10 mobile should start rolling out to older phones at the beginning of March. This should give Ooma more incentive to build an app, since integration with universal Windows 10 apps should be easy. A desktop app would be nice, though not extremely necessary. When I'm on a tablet, I always try an app before a website, though.

Glo

Post by Glo » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:56 am

I'm wondering when the app will be available also. It's March and no app yet, but it is only the 5th so we shall see. I am paying over $100 for my Ooma services when I can get it cheaper elsewhere. I love Ooma, but maybe it's time they showed me some love by getting an app for Windows