Ooma Line Rings Busy When my Cell Phone is in Use

Anything related to the Ooma Residential calling app
joecoolrocks
Ooma Line Rings Busy When my Cell Phone is in Use

Post by joecoolrocks » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:19 am

Good Day,

Set-Up #1:

Ooma number set to call forward to Telo and Mobile App (Android). Cell Phone forward UNCHECKED!!!
Make outgoing call on Cell Phone NOT USING THE MOBILE APP.
Someone tries to call Ooma number and gets a busy signal.

Set-Up #2:

Ooma set to call forward to Telo and Mobile App (Android). Cell Phone forward UNCHECKED!!!
Make outgoing call on Cell Phone to Ooma Number NOT USING THE MOBILE APP.
Get busy signal.

The reason for my EMPHASIS is that it is the cell phone network I am using, not the VoIP capability in the Mobile App.

When I chatted with support they said this is as designed. This makes absolutely no sense at all since people would likely want to be able to call home from their cell phone and have the option of receiving calls via the Mobile App as well. I can "fix" the issue by hard killing the Mobile App every time I make a cell phone call but that means I would miss a call to the Ooma number when I am on the cell phone instead of having the option to drop the cell call and pickup the Ooma call.

Has any else had this issue and found a way around it? This "as designed" functionality would be the reason I don't sign up for the Premier service once my trial is over.

Thanks for any help you might be able to shed on this issue.

--Jon

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: Ooma Line Rings Busy When my Cell Phone is in Use

Post by Tom » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:27 pm

We've reproduced the problem. A bug has been entered. This is definitely not by design and does not reproduce on iOS.

oomg

Re: Ooma Line Rings Busy When my Cell Phone is in Use

Post by oomg » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:02 am

In the interim, you can set up a Talkatone number to forward from your Telo. Talkatone is owned by Ooma (last time I checked). Select "inbound" calls only on the Talkatone app. I have used the Talkatone app to forward calls from multiple Ooma systems (including Telo and the older Hub systems), and it works very well. And the best part... Talkatone is free (if you can handle some ads).
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.