Ooma App calling for free?

Anything related to the Ooma Residential calling app
sirzune
Ooma App calling for free?

Post by sirzune » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:37 pm

I am confused. I would like to continue the Premier features of Ooma, and use the Ooma app for calling making and taking of calls. But-- is it absolutely free to make calls with the Ooma android app? I don't make international calls; only domestic. OR, are only Ooma-to-Ooma numbers free with the Ooma android app?

Thanks

oomamaniacal

Re: Ooma App calling for free?

Post by oomamaniacal » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:49 pm

You would have the same outgoing calling as with your home phone. In other words, if you have Premier and are in the US, outbound calls to Canada would be free. For incoming calls on the App, you need Premier. You will know if you are making a toll call if you attempt the call, but don't have a Prepaid balance with Ooma.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

sirzune

Post by sirzune » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:52 pm

oomamaniacal wrote:You would have the same outgoing calling as with your home phone. In other words, if you have Premier and are in the US, outbound calls to Canada would be free. For incoming calls on the App, you need Premier. You will know if you are making a toll call if you attempt the call, but don't have a Prepaid balance with Ooma.
Thanks for replying, but I just want to know if OUTbound calls on the Ooma app is free; or is it only Ooma-to-Ooma?

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:01 pm

sirzune wrote:
Thanks for replying, but I just want to know if OUTbound calls on the Ooma app is free; or is it only Ooma-to-Ooma?
Outbound Domestic App calling, yes, as the website indicates. https://www.ooma.com/basic/
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

oomg

Post by oomg » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:50 am

Yes... domestic calls are free. If you want to make international calls, you have a couple choices.

If you are making calls to many different international numbers, you might want to consider one of the international calling plans. See, http://support.ooma.com/home/internatio ... ing-plans/ Please note that Ooma calls to cell phone numbers in foreign countries is limited to only 12 countries.

If you were intending to call a single location repeatedly (e.g. parent or other relative) you could purchase a second Telo system for the relative (so long as that relative has access to internet connection) and call for free Ooma to Ooma.

From Ooma support: "Is there any way to call internationally for free?
Yes, you can call internationally for free by calling other Ooma customers! Calling between Ooma systems is free regardless of where in the world the systems are located. You can talk for as long as you want! If both parties have Ooma Telo Handsets, your calls will even be in HD – international calling has never felt so close!"
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.