Ooma Android app v 4.00 how to go offline

Anything related to the Ooma Residential calling app
ImRich
Ooma Android app v 4.00 how to go offline

Post by ImRich » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:51 am

I just updated to the Android Ooma App version 4.0 (141787)

How do I get this to go offline, without logging out?

In the old app, I could leave it logged in, so I didn't need to enter my password every time to listen to my voice messages.

With the new app, it seems to be online all the time, unless I logout. Then I need to enter my password.

I really only use my Ooma App to listen to my voice messages. I don't want it online to receive calls, nor notifications of missed calls. These days, on my home (Ooma) phone, I only get telemarketing calls, and I don't need to know about these on my cell phone. But I do want to be able to listen to my Voice Messages without having to type in my password each time.

Am I missing something? The older app seemed to allow me to exit it without logging out, and it didn't notify me of missed calls, etc. I just started it when I wanted to listen to my voice messages. It seemed perfect in this regard.

Thanks for any help!
Rich

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: Ooma Android app v 4.00 how to go offline

Post by Tom » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:21 am

In forwarding options select not to ring the app or where you configure the app for inbound/outbound or both select outbound only.

g8rbeth

Post by g8rbeth » Mon May 02, 2016 8:16 am

I just followed the advice given to ImRich (selecting outbound only) but had no luck. App keeps coming back online. I have uninstalled app pending any other suggestions.

ImRich

Post by ImRich » Mon May 02, 2016 10:03 am

Another issue....

If you delete a message, and it's in the trash... if it's an unread message, you constantly get 'unread messages' notices.

It's sort of a pain! There should be no reason to notify you of unread messages if they have been deleted IMHO.
Rich

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Mon May 02, 2016 2:02 pm

g8rbeth wrote:App keeps coming back online.
online in what sense?
ImRich wrote:you constantly get 'unread messages' notices
fixes for this are in the works - workaround is to delete unread messages from the trash

g8rbeth

Post by g8rbeth » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:07 pm

Notifications continue to appear in my notification bar that "ooma app is online". I used to only get the notification if I had unread voicemails, but now it just keeps popping up. I close it but within seconds the notice is back.