Android app - low volume

Anything related to the Ooma Residential calling app
Stelcom66
Android app - low volume

Post by Stelcom66 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:16 pm

Installed the Android app on a basic Smartphone. It may be convenient when I'm outside streaming music from it using Wi-Fi rather than the cellphone provider's airwaves. Nice that it'll mute the music when the Ooma line is in use. I think it is quite cool it can turn the Smartphone into a local cellphone even if I choose not to add cellphone minutes at times. Interesting I can make a call with that, then simultaneously use tip and ring from the Ooma with the analog phones to make another. The receive volume however is low - adjusting it on the Smartphone has no effect. On speakerphone mode it's acceptable and can be adjusted via the Smartphone's control. Not a big deal - just wondering if there is some other receive volume setting in the Ooma app.

tracicollins

Re: Android app - low volume

Post by tracicollins » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:45 pm

I have noticed this in voicemail via the app. It is just like the voicemail is completely silent. Listening to the MP3 i got via email i know that isn't true but i would like to listen while i am out and about and the low volume makes that impossible.