Ooma Integrated w/ GVE doesnt show GV # Caller ID from App

Anything related to the Ooma Residential calling app
oomalamadingdang
Ooma Integrated w/ GVE doesnt show GV # Caller ID from App

Post by oomalamadingdang » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:51 pm

I've integrated my Premier acct with GVE and selected the GV number to show as my caller ID. When I call from my handset at home the GV # displays as the caller ID, but not from the Ooma App for Android. When I call from the app I display whichever of the two Ooma acct numbers as my caller ID, and not the GV number.

How do I make it so the app also uses the GV number as my caller ID? Thanks!

southsound

Re: Ooma Integrated w/ GVE doesnt show GV # Caller ID from App

Post by southsound » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:48 pm

One option is to use the Hangouts Dialer from the app store. It is a native Google app that works well. I use it on a phone that has no service - only Wifi - and I am very pleased with the results.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

oomalamadingdang

Re: Ooma Integrated w/ GVE doesnt show GV # Caller ID from App

Post by oomalamadingdang » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:58 pm

Thanks for that suggestion. That is working as a work around and also allows for text messages after some setting up.

It would be nice if ooma more fully integrated google voice though to allow its mobile app to use the gv as caller id, and it would also be awesome if they integrated texts from gv number into the app so we didn't have to assemble multiple apps to do what we need to do.

But this works, so thank you. Still wondering if anyone else has other ideas. Interested in hearing them too!