IOS app voicemail notifier

Anything related to the Ooma Residential calling app
RobK
IOS app voicemail notifier

Post by RobK » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:09 am

I am a basic subscriber.

The IOS app will sometimes have a little red number showing that someone left a voicemail, but most times it does not.

If I open the app and close it then it shows me that there is a voicemail waiting.

It's kind of pointless if I have to open the app to know there is a voicemail waiting.

Is there something wrong with the push notifications, and is there a way to get this working?

Thanks in Advance
OOMA.PNG
OOMA.PNG (42.02KiB)Viewed 15568 times

MacStainless

Re: IOS app voicemail notifier

Post by MacStainless » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:19 am

The omission of a push notification for the app is really detrimental to its use. I like having the app on my phone but without any indication of a voicemail waiting, it's useless. I'm not going to keep opening the app throughout the day simply to see if I have voicemail.

If anyone from Ooma is reading these posts, PLEASE add push notifications to the app so we know a voicemail is waiting.

charlesmbell

Post by charlesmbell » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:39 am

+1

Don731

Post by Don731 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:37 pm

Having visual VM with notifications ever since iPhone 3GS, not sure why push notifications are so difficult to implement. Probably 90% of my iPhone apps have push notifications. Even Uverse had a decent VM app with immediate transcription and notification.