Ooma Mobile App "Recents" Page - What do the 2 lists mean?

Anything related to the Ooma Residential calling app
fmelish
Ooma Mobile App "Recents" Page - What do the 2 lists mean?

Post by fmelish » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:11 pm

I'm confused by the "recents" page of the Ooma Android app. It consists of two lists, labeled "Home" and "Mobile". The "Home" list seems to be the same as the Call Log on the My Ooma website -- that is, a list of all call activity on my Telo home phone for that day.

But what is the "Mobile" list? It contains a record of incoming phone calls whose numbers I don't recognize, and which don't appear anywhere on the My Ooma site. So what does the list represent?

P.S. I don't have the app set up to receive any calls, forwarding or otherwise.

dbll

Re: Ooma Mobile App "Recents" Page - What do the 2 lists mean?

Post by dbll » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:11 am

Interestingly, the "mobile" list in the Recents page appears to be a list of calls not in the Call Log including:
(1) User blocked calls
(2) Nomorobo blocked calls
(3) Voicemail calls (including those that are auto-erased)

I previously asked that these calls be added to the desktop/website Call Log but have yet to see a response.

As you pointed out, the "home" list in the Recents page appears to be the same list of calls as the Call Log.

oomamb

Post by oomamb » Wed May 01, 2019 6:35 am

I've noticed the same behavior too. I do not have forwarding set up to the mobile phone, either on the Ooma web site, or in device preferences in the app. Still, calls show up occasionally, for no apparent reason, in the recent list to the mobile list on the app that do not show up in the home list on the app or the call logs on the Ooma web site.

Even stranger, I received an Ooma voice mail message for my wife from her physician who calls her on our home line. I was home at the time and know the home line didn't ring. After I got the VM I tried the home line incoming and outoing and it was working fine (so not a problem I'm troubleshooting currently elsewhere in this forum). That call also doesn't show up in the app recents home or Ooma web site call logs. It only shows up in the app mobile recents log.

The VM does show up on the Ooma VM web page, just not in corresponding web page call logs.

Something seems to be a bit glitchy here ....

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Fri May 31, 2019 7:15 am

As noted above the Home tab on the Recents page matches the MyOoma call logs.

The Mobile tab can be somewhat confusing but not if you keep the following in mind:

1- the mobile tab will show A) mobile calls plus B) any calls that go to voicemail
2- calls in B) will not show in your myooma call logs if they were blocked at the server
3- calls in B) will not show in your myooma inbox if the voicemail is shorter than your specified minimum duration

oomamb

Post by oomamb » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:48 am

Thanks Tom, 2 & 3 explain what I was seeing. Much appreciated. Seems those would belong in the Home tab, not the Mobile tab, but at least now I know what's going on.