Any way to use mobile app for second line?

Anything related to the Ooma Residential calling app
Tempus
Any way to use mobile app for second line?

Post by Tempus » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:41 am

I have premium and have a second line. Is there anyway to use that line from the app?

TBone

Re: Any way to use mobile app for second line?

Post by TBone » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:56 am

I know it has been a while, but from previous convesation here https://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19115 the answer is no. Too bad really, since I would get a premiere subscription if I could use the soft phone for my second line.

Of course my information is old, so hopefully somebody will correct me if I'm wrong.

talk2me

Post by talk2me » Fri May 03, 2019 8:27 pm

I'm a new ooma user, and I ported my land line number to ooma as a second line. I am rather disappointed that I cannot forward both lines to the mobile app.

I know I can have ooma ring my mobile number when a call comes in, but it's a lot nicer to be able to differentiate when a call is coming in to my ooma number vs. my mobile number.

Also, having a call come through the app would allow receiving calls on an iPad or old iPhone that no longer has a SIM.

Inwizards45

Post by Inwizards45 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:05 am

TBone wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:56 am
I know it has been a while, but from previous convesation here viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19115 the answer is no. Too bad really, since I would get a premiere subscription if I could use the soft phone for my second line.

Of course my information is old, so hopefully somebody will correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks for your suggesion :)

ord2koa

Post by ord2koa » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:46 pm

So it's been a couple of years.......any progress???????

I can't be the only one who would like to use my second line (which is mostly useless) as a Wi-Fi only number on a cellphone or tablet w/o a SIM card.

Robek

Post by Robek » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:04 am

No, it doesn't look like the mobile app supports secondary/personal/virtual numbers yet. For incoming calls, the My Ooma Call Forwarding Preferences only offers to forward the primary/main number to the mobile app. For outgoing calls, according to the mobile app faq, using a virtual number (or Google Voice number) as the Caller ID is "not currently supported, but it is on [their] radar for future development".

In my case, I kept my primary number private, sharing it only with trusted friends and family. I ported my secondary number from my old carrier, so it's already out there; that's the one I share publicly. I set up call forwarding for my primary/private number, but not for my secondary/public number; when I'm away from home, the latter calls can keep going straight to voicemail.