No Mute Feature on Ooma Android App

Anything related to the Ooma Residential calling app
No Mute Feature on Ooma Android App

Post by 3157604822 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:03 am

Not thrilled with Ooma so far. I ported from Google Voice to Ooma and am beginning to regret in due to the following:
1. no mute function on phone app
2. no way to search call logs
3. no real way to use 2nd line with premier service. There is only one phone port on the telo whereas my old Obihai 202 box had two phone ports.
4. phone app takes several seconds to disconnect after selecting "disconnect"
Highly thinking of cancelling at least premier service. When I contacted chat it was like "oh well" and then they disconnected without comment.

:x

murphy

Re: No Mute Feature on Ooma Android App

Post by murphy » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:11 am

Add a Linx to connect a second phone line.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Robek

Re: No Mute Feature on Ooma Android App

Post by Robek » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:51 pm

For the mobile app issues, calling customer support directly might work better than using the live chat.
2. no way to search call logs
The My Ooma web site offers one way. The mobile app "Recents" tab offers another way. The HD3 handset offers yet another way. What's missing?
3. no real way to use 2nd line with premier service. There is only one phone port on the telo ...
The Telo also supports up to four (DECT) wireless devices, such as the Ooma Linx (for more phone ports), or the HD3 handset. Premier service offers an instant second line, personal phone number, custom ring patterns, call forwarding, and private accounts. Again, what's missing?

Without Premier service, the mobile app can only make calls, but not receive them.