Where is "Ooma home security"?

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
waynedunham
Re: Where is "Ooma home security"?

Post by waynedunham » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:40 pm

I have another question. I can't find it now, but the video for Home Security says that it works with Nest Smoke Detector and Nest Learning Thermostat, but in one of the FAQ sections on Home Security there is a question about 3rd party sensors and it says that it presently will not work with Nest products.
So what is the "real" answer?

Also when I say "I can't find it now" (I have since found it) what I mean is the support/faq sections on the website are very fractured and hard to find. When you click the side tab for "support" it only has selections for older more basic products and not the newer offerings. There should be a link on that "Support" tab to the full support link at the bottom of most pages which brings you to the full support section. Not exactly intuitive, most people rarely look at the small text links at the bottom of the page.

This new service is very interesting to me, but before going with it I'd have to see thermostat integration (hopefully with better/cheaper alternatives to the Nest) as well as cameras for full monitoring of my home remotely in a single integrated interface.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: Where is "Ooma home security"?

Post by Tom » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:35 pm

Real answer is that at this time Nest integration is separate from OHS. You configure each separately.