Home Security Arm/Disarm

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
j2carte
Re: Home Security Arm/Disarm

Post by j2carte » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:22 pm

Anthony, another option might be a bluetooth paired keypad (ala legacy systems) for the person that forgets or misplaces their cellphone. I know several older users that carry their cellphones with them, but keep the ringer turned off. GeoFencing wouldn't work for them, and I'm finding that they don't equate the cellphone (or app) with their alarm system management.

SquareState

Post by SquareState » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:31 am

I have a question regarding mode switching with the new geofencing. If I have my Home and Night modes set to take effect at, say 8am and Midnight, what happens when I am not within the geofencing area at 8am? Will it switch the system from Away to Home? Since I am in fact not home, this should not happen. My Away status should not change until I return within the geofencing area. Likewise Night mode.

ehiker

Post by ehiker » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:30 am

It seems to be true that the system will obey a schedule even though all devices are away. Scary that it will disarm itself when no one is home(schedule to night mode at 11pm but still out at a movie)!

Please confirm this logic and I will have to remove all schedules I take it?

Eric

phenz

Post by phenz » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:38 am

I still don't think the original request has been answered? Geofencing is notoriously unreliable and I want others who may need to access it infrequently the reminder that the alarm is armed without them setting off the alarm. Specifically I am thinking about my elder parents who sometimes come in to our home. SOME type of entry delay warning along the same pattern as the exit delay beeps would be ideal. Since it happens for exit, the programming should be simple enough to bastardize for this case.