Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
amyr
Re: Home Security Arm/Disarm

Post by amyr » Thu May 25, 2017 7:50 am

Geofencing would be great!

randallige

Post by randallige » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:23 pm

Would it be possible to tie the arm/disarm into the local wifi? i.e. if your phone/app is connected to the local wifi then it would switch to home mode. When the phone/app is off the local wifi then it would default to whatever time based mode it should be in.

randallige

Post by randallige » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:13 pm

I was just playing with the IFTTT app for iphone and it can trigger things to happen using a geofence. However, the home security app isn't set up to work with IFTTT. Can this be integrated? It would be great for changing modes and pausing the sensors.

homeforus

Post by homeforus » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:38 am

What if Amazon Echo could be used to arm or disarm? Like, "Hey Alexa, turn Ooma Home Monitoring to away mode"

jeffr

Post by jeffr » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:32 pm

It's been 90 days, any updates to improved functionality?

law

Post by law » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:50 pm

I pass by a motion sensor on my way out the front door. As a result I can't switch to Away Mode for about 2 minutes until the motion detector resets. (If I do, the alarm is immediately activated and my phone starts ringing.) Any way around this? Geofencing would be great but same problem would remain if I drove away quickly - it would arm before motion reset.

AnthonyH
Ooma Moderator

Post by AnthonyH » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:25 pm

Still in progress.

@law, thanks for the useful feedback. We're taking that into account :)

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:15 am

You can program a delay into the various modes for specific sensors. I have my overhead garage door set to not alarm for 5 minutes. That way, when I get home I can open the door and drive into the garage. After I shut the car off I log my phone into Wi-Fi, open the Ooma app, and change the mode to "HOME". This disables any alarm from the garage door. Of course, nothing is notified but everything is logged for future reference.

Pat Vale

Post by Pat Vale » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:53 am

Similar to the last comment, the arm/disarm function should work for several days. here's my scenario.

i go away for a weekend or a vacation and i have set up automatic mode switching from day to night and back to day. when i leave home, i change the mode to away, but when the next automatic mode change triggers, it changes to that mode and defeats the away mode.

what should happen is that the system should stay in "Away" until someone manually changes it to another mode or the new geofence identifies that you have returned home.

the current work around of clearing the mode repeats is just not a happy situation.

i could go on, but you get the idea.

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:38 am

There is an option in the app to disable all alarms for 5 minutes. Select this and then change to AWAY mode and you won't have to wait the 2 minutes. By the time the 5 minutes is up the motion sensor will have reported no motion.