How to turn off alarm?? Help needed...

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
dmoore12345
How to turn off alarm?? Help needed...

Post by dmoore12345 » Thu May 11, 2017 5:46 am

So I added two water sensors and set them up with the various alarms. I was out of town and one of the "Tamper" alarms went off as it was not securely attached to the wall. I'm sure I'm missing something but how do I acknowledge the alarm and have it quit calling and texting me? I ended up disabling all methods of notification. I turned them back on after a day or two and it went back to calling and texting me.. Obviously I'm missing something...

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: How to turn off alarm?? Help needed...

Post by Tom » Thu May 11, 2017 3:01 pm

Unclear why you would expect tampering notification not to resume after re-enabling it. In any case the sensor must be in a state where the tamper button is intermittently sufficiently pressed down and not otherwise you wouldn't get multiple notifies.

AnthonyH
Ooma Moderator

Post by AnthonyH » Thu May 11, 2017 3:05 pm

Hi dmoore12345, this is Anthony on the product team at Ooma. Thanks for reaching out!

Sorry to hear about your issues with the tamper sensor on your water sensor. Can you help me understand why the tamper status on your water sensor is changing? We've seen a couple setups where the tamper sensor does not depress far enough to disable the tamper indicator, but I've never seen a sensor's tamper status toggle back and forth over and over. Does the surface that your sensor is mounted on move at all?

For now, you can tape down the tamper button to prevent it from fluctuating. We're working on a way for you to disable tamper notifications. Please stay tuned :-)

dmoore12345

Post by dmoore12345 » Sat May 13, 2017 3:47 am

I will change the mounting place. It is on a metal furnace duct but it is possible the tamper button moves slightly as it is thin metal... I will move it to something more solid...