New app functionality - pin a Mode

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
PeterG
New app functionality - pin a Mode

Post by PeterG » Fri May 19, 2017 3:36 pm

Right now, there is no ability to pin a Mode (or otherwise suspend scheduled changes short of deleting them) when, for instance, you are going Away for a few days.

While talking with 3rd level support on another issue, I was able to get this suggestion on their weekly meeting with engineering. If you are interested in having the ability to pin a Mode in the app, please add your voice here! :cool: :idea:

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: New app functionality - pin a Mode

Post by Tom » Fri May 19, 2017 4:15 pm

PeterG

Post by PeterG » Mon May 22, 2017 2:49 pm

Tom, thanks for pointing out that some form of the functionality to pin a mode is in the works.

For me, this would be really important so if you need a beta tester, I am game :cool:

RH_WS

Post by RH_WS » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:25 am

So from the above conversations and links: a "pin mode" was offered in beta, has been removed, is being reworked and hopes to be offered soon? Is that correct?

Thx!

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:38 am

correct

RH_WS

Post by RH_WS » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:29 am

Thank you, Tom.

FWIW, we received and installed our first Ooma Sensors yesterday. Set up was quick and mostly easy. (Pairing took longer than expected ... but eventually locked in.) We have our Modes fairly well tuned for our irregular work-week patterns and quickly discovered the value of the desired "pin a mode" request. ;-)

bohicaIL

Post by bohicaIL » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:00 am

Yes, this would be a great and fundamental addition- I actually thought if I manually switched to AWAY mode, it would stay there until I put it back into one of the scheduled modes (HOME, NIGHT). But I was surprised that the schedules were not suspended. And since I was gone on a trip, my only solution was to delete the HOME & NIGHT schedules, and then re-create them once I returned home.

Please add a capability to suspend scheduling switches!!

vaughnsimon

Post by vaughnsimon » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:40 pm

"Please add a capability to suspend scheduling switches!!" As I figured out the first time we left town after installing our security system, this simple capability should be a no-brainer! Yes, we need a way to pin a mode,(or alternatively, to suspend modes)

In short, we definitely need some way to keep our system in the "Away" mode when we are away. Otherwise, why have it?