Stopped getting push notifications

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
lallard74
Stopped getting push notifications

Post by lallard74 » Tue May 23, 2017 9:10 am

Anyone else have this problem? I have 5 moton sensors set up and everything was fine for a week or so. Getting push notifications and such. Then for some reason I got home one afternoon and the Home Security app was telling me the Telo was offline (which it wasn't since I had the phone working and Internet was alive and well). I rebooted the whole thing and since then, my motion sensors do not push notifications anymore (or emails for that matter) The Telo voice message works though. Rebooted many times and still nothing. My phone notifications are all set correctly so I'm thinking it's something with the setup on the Telo. Should I scrap all the sensors ans start over? Thanks for any advice or help with this issue.

thomasm

Re: Stopped getting push notifications

Post by thomasm » Wed May 24, 2017 6:42 pm

Does your motion detector(s) appear in the smartphone app? When motion is detected does it appear as a log entry in the app? When you pass in front of the motion detector does the LED blink red once?

lallard74

Post by lallard74 » Wed May 31, 2017 11:43 am

Found the issue. :D

For some reason, when you setup with the default ooma number (the first one you get before porting) it stays stuck on that number to send push notifications. If you log on with your new account number (the ported number and now main account number) in home security you see all your sensors but the push notifications don't go through (any notification for that matter, excepy voice notification directly on the Telo). When you log on with the first number you set it up with, everything comes back to normal. I'm guessing for those that only use one sensor and don't go premier, this will be an issue as they will be forced to re-do the whole security setup again. But then again, it would only be with one sensor. Any hoo, if anyone else encounters this issue, now you know..

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Wed May 31, 2017 11:51 am

we will investigate

tseafoot

Post by tseafoot » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:47 am

I am no longer receiving push notifications as well. However, once my number was ported over to ooma, the first number I used to set up Home Security is no longer valid and I can't use it to log in.

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:26 am

Push notifications also weren't arriving for me and I never changed my Ooma phone number or made any other changes from when the push notifications were working. However, yesterday (6/10/17) push notifications magically started arriving on all of my cell phones. So whatever was done to fix the problem thank you!!

tseafoot

Post by tseafoot » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:16 am

Push notifications are still not working for me.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:38 am

tseafoot, please try again now

tseafoot

Post by tseafoot » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:03 pm

Appears to be working now. Thanks Tom.

Frankvee

Post by Frankvee » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:58 am

Push notifications have stopped working for me too on an android phone.