No custom notification sounds in the Android App?

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
w411
No custom notification sounds in the Android App?

Post by w411 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:04 am

The Home Security app appears to only use the default global notification sound for the phone.

So, we have the same alert sound for someone that updates Facebook with a status of "Wow, I really love Havarti cheese!" and the alert that there is an intruder in your home.

Am I the only one that finds a flaw in this "security" system?

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: No custom notification sounds in the Android App?

Post by Tom » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:08 am

have entered a bug

ralbanes

Post by ralbanes » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:16 pm

Tom? Ooma Support/Developers?
I realize this is an old request, but it still hasn't been provided! What is the status?

I agree 100%: without the ability to set a specific/unique/custom notification with the Ooma Home Security App, there is no audible differentiation from a serious home security alert vs. any other ordinary, and far less relevant phone notification.

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:26 am

In the event of a serious security issue only a nitwit would depend on a PUSH notification.

Thats why PHONE CALL NOTIFICATIONS are offered!

ralbanes

Post by ralbanes » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:47 pm

thomasm, there ARE NO options for phone call notifications (nor SMS) for system events, such as when your security system is disabled if telo loses connection to home security service, or for away/home geofence auto-switching or scheduled switching (especially considering the buggy auto switching or schedule overrides of which there are so many complaints about).

The only option on any of those events is a "PUSH" :) notification which uses the phones default notification sound.

IMO, only a nitwit wouldn't allow setting a unique tone for a security system app. ;)

A user-delectable/unique notification tone (many apps have this), would immediately signal to the user that the notification is related to their home security vs. a notification that google wants to tell me they "stylized a cute photo of a puppy that I took a few days ago". :!: