phone and SMS notifications not working

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
TWG
phone and SMS notifications not working

Post by TWG » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:08 pm

So I just installed the home security sensors, installed like 12 sensors in all.

Overall I was expecting the worst, but I've been generally impressed/happy with the overall experience. The sensors paired up very easily, and the app while I can see needs some work overall it works ok and so far meets my expectations.

Only problem I've encountered:

Phone notifications (ie. getting a phone call) never worked from beginning. Even choosing the test option in contacts didn't do anything. I'm not sure if it's related to fact that my cell # I used is on Koodo here in Canada and Koodo isn't listed as a carrier option in the setup, I chose Telus since Koodo is owned by Telus but I don't get any calls. I even added my wife whose on Rogers and she never got any calls either.

SMS notifications worked for a bit, then for whatever reason, I stopped getting them. My wife gets SMS notifications on her phone though.

Would love to get these problems sorted out

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: phone and SMS notifications not working

Post by Tom » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:53 am

TWG

Post by TWG » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:24 pm

thanks.

Is it the same problem that is preventing SMS from working properly too ? I can't get SMS but my wife seems to get them oddly

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:11 pm

an upcoming release may have a fix for the SMS issue