App says Telo offline but it's not

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
thomasm
App says Telo offline but it's not

Post by thomasm » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:16 am

I had an issue yesterday (7-29) when I had a brief power failure. When the power came back on the Telo booted up fine and voice service was back online also. But the Home Security app had a huge red banner at the top saying my Telo was offline and to check the internet and power. I unplugged the Telo and plugged it back in. This time I got a message on the app telling me that Home Security on the Telo was rebooting and this could take 15 minutes. Twenty minutes later the "Telo is offline check your internet or power connection" message returned. But not only was the Telo online it was speaking when sensors were activated as programmed, the screen showed the current status of each sensor (with a "last received" note or something similar) and the log was being updated in real time. Why didn't the server recognize that the Telo was indeed online? (It finally did an hour or two later)

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: App says Telo offline but it's not

Post by Tom » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:54 am

it's an issue we're looking into

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:24 am

Thanks, Tom! If you would like me to try and duplicate the condition let me know.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:59 am

see if it's still happening now

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:08 am

Nope. App has been working fine with no banner telling me the Telo is offline for several days now on multiple Android cellphones. Hope it doesn't come back!

sonnym

Post by sonnym » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:08 am

I just bought one door sensor and using my old Telo base (black). I have DECT turned off and nothing registered as I use my panasonic phone. My phone has always worked but when I setup the home security, it would go red after a while, resulting in my sensor saying disconnect. Phone still worked. I had to unpair and repair the sensor, only for it to disconnect again because of Telo home security being offline indicated by the app. So I took the wifi off the telo and connected it via ethernet cable directly to my router. I set up the Telo ip address to be permanently assigned with a forever DHCP lease. I havent had any issues yet. Working as expected. I believe the wireless component of the Ooma is the issue. I originally had it wirelessly connected to my high end wifi router which was then connected to my belkin router/modem that conencts to my ISP. Instead of connecting it to the ethernet port of my wifi router, I connected it to the ethernet port of my belkin router/modem, saving one hop.

Seems to work fine with DECT off but will turn it on if homesecurity goes offline again
Also, even though I configured my modem/router for forever lease for its dhcp ip addresses for the two devices that connect to it(OOMA) , I went into the OOMA and statically configured the ip address rather than dynamic, as its possible that when the modem/router refreshes the dhcp ip addresses even though its on a forever lease, it may cause the hiccup with OOMA. Now its essentially static ip addressed for OOMA

UPDATE: I turned off DHCP (had it set to forever lease) on my router/modem and put a static ip on my OOMA instead and reenabled DECT. Its been stable for a few days and I think thats the fix...static IP
Now will see if puttin git back on wifi keeps it stil up and running. Now I just need to get premier so i can get more sensors
Last edited by sonnym on Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:58 am

Home Security uses DECT. I went ahead and re-enabled it. You will need to pair the sensor again.

Jim PT

Post by Jim PT » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:38 am

I'm seeing the same thing right now (and have seen it before, recently) - my-beta.ooma.com Dashboard shows offline, even after reloading the page with a cleared cache, but I just did the voicemail check and called my number from my cellphone and it rang.

The problem is that it's inconsistent, and recently my Ooma service has been going down with no way to tell, unless I happen to try using it. Have received numerous voicemails from people who called but my phone never rang.

Fortunately, my Ooma service is lightly used and non-critical (except for emergencies).

BryonLL

Post by BryonLL » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:49 am

At 4:45PM yesterday this came across my phone. I have checked everything and rebooted the telo multiple times and still receive this error on my mobile app. My phone works fine just my security is having problems, what do I need to do to fix this?

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:12 pm

BryonLL, fixed