Devices show as Disconnected

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
tjwitman
Devices show as Disconnected

Post by tjwitman » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:37 pm

After receiving several notices that "HOME SECURITY IS OFFLINE ON YOUR TELO' followed by ones that say it is now connected, all my devices show as DISCONNECTED. I also cannot pair an additional device I have. I can navigate around the Android app but cannot get it to show the devices paired.

I disconnected my router and my Ooma for several minutes and then reconnected with no change. I've removed the app from my phone 3 times now and redownloaded and installed it; however, it recognizes my carrier, which the original installation did not so I suspect there is some data left on my phone after uninstalling.

I've only had the system a few days and was very happy with its performance and ease of use. NOW THIS! I'm ready to send it back if a solution is not forthcoming soon. I hope someone has experienced similar problems. I've searched and see a bunch of people have had the security system is disconnected from Ooma problem but no one says how it was fixed.

tjwitman

Re: Devices show as Disconnected

Post by tjwitman » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:47 am

It's been 2 hours since I talked to my last (3rd) tech today and still waiting for the supervisor to call me "in 1/2 hour"..................

tjwitman

Post by tjwitman » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:26 pm

7 hours later my system suddenly is working. The tech said she was escalating it to Engineering and 15 minutes after that it started working. I hope she learned something! I didn't so I have no idea what to tell the tech the next time this happens.
At least I have a system for now.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:23 pm