Ooma Moderator
Re: Home security constantly going offline

Post by Tom » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:44 am

we're investigating the particular issue your telo ran into

j2carte

Post by j2carte » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:12 am

Tom,

thanks, the system sent me a message that it had come back online this morning at 10:04 am CST. Otherwise I see nothing in the log other than routine sensor messages as expected. I would appreciate some feedback as to what problem was found and how I can prevent it from happening again.

TWG

Post by TWG » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:03 am

After being online for awhile it went back off line last night... I'll try rebooting since not likely anyone is working until next week

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:42 am

thank you for reporting this - we're investigating

redchev1

Post by redchev1 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:12 pm

Yesterday marked exactly three months (Nov 14) since the last time I had a problem with the system going offline and not coming back without rebooting the Telo. This morning it went offline for about 15 minutes and when it returned the iOS app (ver 1.6.7) dashboard was not correctly reporting the sensor status however the Telo voice announcement and log were reporting correctly. Later in the afternoon the system, both security and phone service, went offline for about two hours (approx 2 pm to 4:pm pst) and then came back online by itself. The app dashboard is still out of synch with the log and Telo announcements at times. Was work bring done on your end that might correspond to my outages?

Overall except for a few glitches I really like the system and the improvements that have been made. Hopefully the bugs will continue to be fixed.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:35 am

There's gaps in the log at that time. Looks like the telo lost internet connectivity.

redchev1

Post by redchev1 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:03 pm

We were away during the two hour gap so there was no sensor change activity. My WiFi security cameras (not Ooma) were still accessible on the internet during that time. Found that Comcast was doing some maintenance that day.
Tried Geofencing and it works well. System keeps getting better.