Replaced Telo... sensor status showing on App as "Unknown"

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
TWG
Replaced Telo... sensor status showing on App as "Unknown"

Post by TWG » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:15 pm

... the online support people are pretty useless...

The speaker on my old telo died so Ooma sent me a new Telo. After plugging in new Telo, the sensor status on my app shows "Unknown" for all sensors... I'm guessing likely because sensors are still paired to the old Telo... is there an easy way to transfer these sensors over to the new Telo without having to repair them one by one

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: Replaced Telo... sensor status showing on App as "Unknown"

Post by Tom » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:16 pm

Don't delete the sensors from the app, but simply put both the telo and a sensor into pairing mode. The sensor will pair and shortly after the sensor icon on the app will be live again. Repeat for each sensor. You can put the telo into pairing mode using either the app or the telo pairing button.

Pairing a sensor is like pairing a phone to a car. It's not something stored in the cloud but a handshake between physical devices.

TWG

Re: Replaced Telo... sensor status showing on App as "Unknown"

Post by TWG » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:02 pm

Thanks Tom.

The online support people were useless and even after I called tech support, they had to escalate it up, and the support person had to speak to an "engineer" and even then he couldn't get it straight. Finally he figured it out and told me what you said.

You guys need to have better trained customer support staff!!