Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
Jon126

Post by Jon126 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:57 pm

My OOMA phone app indicates that the OOMA home security is offline. I have 4 door sensors, 3 motion sensors and one moisture sensor. To date I have tried rebooting my telo multiple times (this works sometimes for a short period of time) I have reinstalled the android OOMA app on my phone twice, and I have rebooted my home home network (which is working fine BTW) twice. This system has worked fine for 6 months but now has suddenly stopped. I did have two sensors that batteries went dead on and were off the network (still paired) for about two weeks but when I put new batteries in they reconnected.
I have tried several chat sessions with promises that I would receive a call back from support but no joy yet. I tried a hard reset but the button on the back of the unit via the access hole does not work, you cannot feel an indent. I tried the factory reset using the trash and play button with no success. There does not seem anyway to access the home security except through the app. My OOMA is hard wired to my home router. I have tried to connect to the ip address that my router shows the OOMA is connected to via my web rowser but this does not work (http://192.168.1.116). I have considered unpairing the devices to try and re-pair them to see if that is a fix but when I try this during the short times that the app shows working security the unpair function fails.

I don't know what else I can try by myself and really feel like it is likely a hardware issue rather than a config issue but cannot verify given the lack of an interface with the telo that can provide any type of error codes or other troubleshooting tools. I need OOMA's help with this issue. BTW the phone service works fine. My ticket number is:171027-000221. Your help is appreciated.

Regards,
Jon

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:29 am

Your telo somehow missed an upgrade cycle. All OHS needs to be on release 214329 or greater. Fixed.

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:05 am

No, it's not fixed. I'm on 214329. See posts in other area regarding this topic.