ALL sensors quit reporting status changes

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
j2carte
ALL sensors quit reporting status changes

Post by j2carte » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:12 pm

It appears that we received a Telo firmware update on 11/24 or 11/25 to solve the Home Security goes offline problem. I just tonight realized that ALL SENSORS now fail to report any status change - motion, door open, etc - even though they all worked prior to the update. I believe they are all still paired because they show up in the cellphone app (Android), and the red led illuminates on the motion detector when it "sees" motion as it should. However, none of the doors and the motion sensor are reporting to the Telo now - or if they are, then the Telo isn't reporting it on upstream to the app. I suspect the app has cached the last known state of the sensors and the new Telo firmware isn't updating any more.

Anyone else see AND solve this problem? It is apparent in my logs that everything quit after 23:24 on 11/24.

j2carte

Re: ALL sensors quit reporting status changes

Post by j2carte » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:42 pm

MAGIC!

This morning (11/27) at 10:00 am CST everything started working as expected. I did not reboot any equipment, I did not reset any network devices, just all of a sudden I started getting "push notifications" as expected. I've received no email from Ooma regarding anything they did remotely, or if they had a problem on their server. Maybe someone else knows?

tjwitman

Post by tjwitman » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:24 pm

This EXACT same thing is happening to me right now. I have no idea how long I've been without security!!! It's 1/2/18. I can't believe no one else is having this problem!

I changed batteries even though the phone app says they are good but no change. I tried pairing one of the door sensors but the Ooma pairing screen just keeps rotating its indicator saying it's loading.

Desperado

Post by Desperado » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:00 pm

I have 6 devices and all 6 were reporting status unknown. This problem began while we were out of town which left us with NO HOME SECURITY. I have a home automation system running on a PC 24/7 that I have configured to allow me to power cycle the Ooma Telo. I can also power cycle my router/modem if it has an internet connection. I did a power cycle on the Telo from my remote location. This did not fix the problem. After returning home, I investigated the issue. The batteries in all 6 devices were good. The solution was to remove all devices via the Home Security app, one at a time, and re-pair them one at a time. I suspect this was the result of a firmware push from Ooma. Does anyone think that Ooma would be willing to admit that a firmware push could have caused this problem? The Ooma Home Security support is not what I expect from a service provider.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:37 pm

Desperado, did this happen mid December? That issue was fixed in 253201.