Cannot add sensors

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
mdes0
Cannot add sensors

Post by mdes0 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:43 pm

I just received a water sensor and two door\window sensors. I have tried to add them to my Telo multiple times with no luck. I did find, after my first failed attempt, that DECT was disabled so I reenabled, rebooted the Telo and tried again but ran into the same issue. In the Andriod app I get a "No new sensors found. Sorry, there was a problem pairing your sensor. To try again, press the "Add sensors" button and follow the instructions."

Also tried new batteries and tried to add all three sensors, same results.

I have also tried the "manual" pairing I saw another user post about but it did not work for me. Could it be a OS version issue? My Telo is an older model that can only run three sensors. It's at Version 240828.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks,
Matt

mdes0

Re: Cannot add sensors

Post by mdes0 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:26 pm

Spoke to Ooma support this morning. They tried to remotely upgrade my Telo's from 240828 to resolve my issue but my Telo would not update so they escalated to their engineering team.

Matt

tjwitman

Post by tjwitman » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:29 pm

I think there's a bigger problem here! None of my sensors are even acknowledging that the doors have been opened or there is motion although the red light flashes on the sensor. My phone app shows everything is just wonderful even though I could have every door open, my water heater leaking and a party in my living room!!!

I tried pairing one of the sensors again and it just keeps trying to get the Ooma to do its pairing thing with no completion. WONDERFUL!!!!

mdes0

Post by mdes0 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:14 am

Do you have the new or old model of Telo?

Does sound like something on their end. Not very helpful to have a security system that doesn't report critical information correctly...