Geo-Fencing

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
mike48085
Re: Geo-Fencing

Post by mike48085 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:54 am

Ghost GPS location events with my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge seem to have been eliminated. However, I now have false positive alarms when I arrive at home due to the app not updating my location at the top of the app dashboard even though the dashboard icon for my phone shows my phone at home. In other words, the horizontal scrolling display at the top of the dashboard is not syncing or not syncing quickly enough to the GPS status of the phone to prevent false positive alarms. Ooma STILL doesn't have it right, at least for my phone.

j2carte

Post by j2carte » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:05 am

Yep, me too. It worked for about 12 hours last week, but then started switching to away even while dashboard showed both phunes home. I've turned geofencing back off again. :|

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:47 am

The problem with the geofencing feature is that it doesn't turn the GPS receiver on often enough. When I have a utility program (example: Signal Check) running that checks location often, the geofencing feature works fine.

I would suggest that when geofencing is turned on the app should enable the GPS receiver once a minute to update its location and thus determine if the phone needs to change the mode.