More $$$ for phone notifications?

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
Tom
Ooma Moderator
Re: More $$$ for phone notifications?

Post by Tom » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:18 pm

Note it says "If you are a Premier customer with Home Security today", so all existing premier customers with home security are grandfathered.

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:20 pm

This is wonderful news for loyal Ooma customers like me who have had Ooma phone service for 4 years now and the security service since the sensors became available. I love the security service and with recent software updates to the Telo it is much more reliable. I look forward to try out the geofencing feature so I won't have to stop the car in my driveway and change modes each time I leave or return.

Thanks, Ooma!

homeforus

Post by homeforus » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:19 am

Now that I'm not shallow breathing with the new info about grandfathering in current folks, I just wanted to throw this out there for a future IOS app improvement -- status change options from outside the app, like using the "3D Touch" option menu when you hard press the icon. Arlo app does this.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:18 pm

mcpagano, the free monitoring for grandfathered Premier customers does not include new services added since January, such as facial recognition on butterfleye cameras.

OwenE

Post by OwenE » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:36 pm

Hi Tom,

Regarding grandfathered Premier / Home Security customers:

Is there a document somewhere that summarizes what services are and are not included in the grandfathering? I know Geofencing and a few other things are, and I see from your recent post here that some new features of the butterfleye cameras are not.

As Ooma's system grows, I imagine questions will continue about what costs what and for whom. It would be good to have a document somewhere online that would answer these questions.

I'm specifically interested in knowing whether Ooma plans to try to extract money from its customers for the privilege of having a siren go off.

Thanks!

Owen.