Battery status will not update

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
Raisitup
Battery status will not update

Post by Raisitup » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:00 am

I replaced the batteries in two door sensors and 24 hours later the battery low indicators have not gone away on the app. I thought the batteries might have been low so changed them again to tested batteries, same outcome. Restarted my phone as well, and opened and closed each door (and watched that status change as expected). What does it take for the battery low icons to go away and the battery status to change to Good?

Raisitup

Re: Battery status will not update

Post by Raisitup » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:36 pm

Same problem - just replaced batteries in all 3 door sensors, none of them update in the app, still all showing the battery icon. Any help?

TWG

Post by TWG » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:05 am

Yup, same here...

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:00 am

I got a low battery icon so I changed ALL my sensor batteries after discovering that they were around 1.3 volts. I put a label on the sensors with the date the batteries are replaced, and it appears the batteries last about 9 months which is pretty crummy. However, I also checked my 4 motion sensors and their batteries were still above 3 volts. Of course, they use a CR123 lithium battery.

The trick to getting rid of the low battery indication in the app is to leave the batteries out of the sensor until the server decides it's disconnected (about 45 minutes). Then put fresh batteries in and wait at least 10 minutes for the sensor to log back in and update it's status. If it still hasn't updated, actuate the sensor with a magnet to force it to report in.

Raisitup

Post by Raisitup » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:26 am

Left batteries out for an hour, put in fresh, tested batteries, still the same. Sensors are reporting in and out as they should but now even the sensors that didn't indicate bad batteries initially now do after removing, letting sit for an hour and replacing them. all three sensors.......Ooma, this SUCKS.

tjwitman

Post by tjwitman » Thu May 03, 2018 2:25 pm

Same problem here on water sensor! Come on OOMA, wake up and help!

AnthonyH
Ooma Moderator

Post by AnthonyH » Thu May 03, 2018 3:14 pm

We know about the "low battery" indicator remaining even after you put in new ones and we're working on a solution. For now, you can try the following:

1) Remove the batteries from your sensor.
2) Press the pairing button three times while the batteries are still out. Doing this will drain the onboard capacitor of its remaining charge. We think that this is the source of the issue currently.
3) Insert your new batteries into your sensor.

tjwitman

Post by tjwitman » Fri May 04, 2018 1:12 pm

Well taking out the batteries and pushing the pairing button SIX times didn't work.

Also since the battery went bad on the water detector, I no longer get notification on ooma that the door to the pool has opened! So much for security and safety!
Last edited by tjwitman on Fri May 04, 2018 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnthonyH
Ooma Moderator

Post by AnthonyH » Fri May 04, 2018 1:16 pm

Thanks for the feedback. My suggestion above was just intended to be a possible workaround. We'll keep working on the long-term solution for the low battery issue.

Regarding you no longer receiving notifications about your sensor, contact us at http://support.ooma.com/home/contact-us/ and we'd be happy to help :)

tjwitman

Post by tjwitman » Fri May 04, 2018 2:49 pm

I just realized that ALL my sensors don't work! I got a server not on line message once today also.