Battery status will not update

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
AnthonyH
Ooma Moderator
Re: Battery status will not update

Post by AnthonyH » Fri May 04, 2018 3:12 pm

@tjwitman Again, it is impossible to help you here on the forum. We'd be happy to help you via http://support.ooma.com/home/contact-us/ so that we can get your account information and diagnose your specific account directly. Thanks! :)

tjwitman

Post by tjwitman » Tue May 08, 2018 11:16 am

I regrettably took your advice! I posted this separately, but in case someone is following this fiasco, here's my experience today! I'm too old at 75 to put up with incompetence!

As suggested by the Ooma rep here, I called Ooma support somewhere in either India or the Philippines. I was escalated to a Level 3 Tech support who assured me she was absolutely up to date on the problems with the dead battery problem! What a bunch of crap that was! She had me do the same remove the batteries, push the pair button and replace the battery BS. No joy on that one, which I knew since I had done it many times over the last 4 days.

She said the water sensor that had this problem was bad and needed replacing but the other sensors didn't show bad battery so they were fine. I told her, as I did during my initial explanation of the problem, that NOTHING was working. If you look at my log, the last entry is that the water sensor battery needs replacement. Nothing has been recorded since then. I told her that I could open a door and it would not show on the Dashboard that the door was open. I could walk in front of the motion sensor and nothing would change on its status. She attempted to tell me that I wouldn't see anything because I was logged in as AT HOME and all my notifications were turned off. This is NOT true! My water heater sensor is set to ALWAYS notify as is my Back Door, which leads to the swimming pool, which is an insurance REQUIREMENT! She refused to acknowledge that, even IF NOTIFICATIONS are turned off, the status of each sensor shows up as changing on the Dashboard! Now this is supposed to be Ooma's SUPERIOR level of support! What a JOKE! We went on and on for probably 1/2 hour until she asked me to send screen shots of the phone app, inferring that I was lying. At that point,, I told her she had my blood pressure up to boiling, she was wasting my time, and stealing a paycheck from Ooma and I hung up.

If any new, prospective customer is reading this, DO NOT BUY THIS SYSTEM! Their support is even worse than DIRECTV! Why can't Ooma have US based support from their main base of operations instead of a bunch of idiots reading from scripts? Yes, I am majorly PO'd! The last entry in my log is May 3, when the water heater battery indicated bad. Dead since then!

Give me an address and I will gladly ship this crap back to you for a full refund. I've had ENOUGH!

murkyin09

Post by murkyin09 » Thu May 31, 2018 7:53 pm

I experienced the same problem with battery status showing a bad battery after replacing the batteries in the magnetic door/window sensor. After reading the workaround about pushing the Pairing button while the batteries are uninstalled, I gave it a try. I took out both batteries, pushed the button long 6 times and short 10 times. This was about 2 minutes without the batteries. Then I reinstalled the batteries and checked the app to make sure that the open/close reports were being made and the bad battery indicator was gone. Not ideal, but at least I got it to work.

durango360

Post by durango360 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:54 am

I had this issue with my door/window sensors and seemingly no combination of pressing the pairing button while batteries were out would clear the bad battery error. I briefly shorted out the two battery terminals farthest away from the pairing button (the two closest are just a shunt) with a short piece of wire and that was successful. I assume that this quickly dissipates the charge on the capacitor(s) and resets the unit.