Alarm Certificate for Insurance company

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
thomastituskent
Alarm Certificate for Insurance company

Post by thomastituskent » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:23 pm

Now I have Ooma home security installed and activated, where can I get the alarm certificate(proof) for my insurance company?
Thanks

sethbw3

Re: Alarm Certificate for Insurance company

Post by sethbw3 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:02 am

Did you ever receive an answer to your alarm certificate question? I am considering purchasing currently and was curious if this meets the intent of the requirement for insurance as to my understanding it is not a monitored system. '

If you have not received an answer, can anyone in the community shed light to whether the Ooma security system meets the security requirement for home insurance purposes and is there a certificate available to provide to the insurer?

murphy

Post by murphy » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:19 am

My insurance company requires a certificate from the monitoring company, not from the manufacturer of the alarm system.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

AndreC

Post by AndreC » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:14 am

I have called them few months ago and they told me then that they don’t issues certificates. I hope this will change.

Also asked my insurance agent and from his research the alarm system need to be connected to a central where “humans” answer the phone.
This is unfortunate as I believe that automated central like Ooma would have a faster and more reliable service.

Let’s hope all this will change soon!