Minor App Suggestions

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
critikle
Minor App Suggestions

Post by critikle » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:06 pm

After using the home security system for a little over a month now, I just wanted to make some tiny observations and how to possibly improve the experience with the app. Fixes for these may already be in the works, but I figured it best to point them out and this forum seems like the best place right now for a discussion.

1) Dashboard Mode Select - On opening the app, the top section freaks out a little every time while it grabs the current status of the system. It's a little worrisome when the top section keeps fidgeting while it tries to figure out what mode you are currently set to. Possibly just have the section stay still and grayed out until it gets the response.

2) Temporary Mode Switch - While a nice feature to have, the current implementation is a tad clunky. Once you set a timer, there is not a clear way to see the time left before it switches back or to cancel besides toggling away and back again. Perhaps adding a countdown timer above the padlock icon that you can tap on giving the option to cancel.

3) Dashboard Badge Icon - Whenever a sensor is triggered, it adds a badge to the Dashboard navigation icon with the count of triggered sensors. While some may like the way it is, the badge typically is to announce you have something that needs your attention, and when you are set to home, a motion detector for example popping up a triggered sensor and adding a badge seems a little strange. Perhaps if you set a motion detector to 'Notify when motion sensed' to disabled, it does not add to the badge count.

4) Verbose Log - The log section generates an entry when it detects motion even when the system is set to home. Like the issue mentioned in the previous suggestion, perhaps disable adding log entries for the motion sensor in this scenario. I have a motion sensor in my living room, I can look in the log and see dozens if not hundreds of log entries that motion was detected because I'm watching TV.

5) Geofencing Location - Moving the pin manually is a little tricky. It says to 'tap' but you have to tap and hold to move the radius.

I'll hold it to these for now, but if you would like more and want more feedback, I'm happy to provide more user interface suggestions and feature requests to hopefully make the system better for everyone.

rodwed

Re: Minor App Suggestions

Post by rodwed » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:00 pm

Very good suggestions. It would be nice to get a response from Ooma.