Garage Sensor

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
critikle
Garage Sensor

Post by critikle » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:24 am

Great to see the garage sensor is now available.

I'm hoping for a premium version eventually that can actually control the garage. I have a MyQ now from Chamberlain that has a similar sensor to what Ooma offers that you attach to the door but also a transmitter that can open and close the door with a smartphone app, but of course it doesn't integrate into my security system.

I'd love to see Ooma combine the two. Could be some neat features such as geofencing to make it worth double if not triple the current cost of the sensor.

But for now, I'd love to hear someone's review of the current sensor once they get it!

DaveJ

Re: Garage Sensor

Post by DaveJ » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:27 pm

I ended up putting a regular Ooma motion sensor inside my garage. I figured if I had a door sensor
or garage door sensor and someone broke in through the window I wouldn`t be notified. My way it doesn't
matter which way anyone entered the garage I get notified with 1 sensor. I was worried the battery would die in cold weather but so far it has held up all winter here in Canada. It is nice to have Ooma sound the alarm first with "Garage detects motion". Hope this helps.