Voice announcements silent

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
thomasm
Voice announcements silent

Post by thomasm » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:16 am

Yesterday my Telo stopped giving security events announcements. It also is silent if the "play" button is pressed (it used to give status of voicemail). Anyone else experiencing this or is it just my Telo?
I tried pressing the volume up button, but that is silent too.

j2carte

Re: Voice announcements silent

Post by j2carte » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:55 am

No problems here. If you can't get the Telo to manually playback your voicemails then it probably isn't a "system" problem. You know the standard fix - try rebooting it ;)

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:38 am

Rebooting was the first thing I tried. Oh, well I'll kind of miss that annoying voice. :D

TWG

Post by TWG » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:07 pm

Very likely the speaker or the speaker circuitry in your Telo is broken.

Mine broke last fall, Ooma gave me a replacement as gesture of goodwill since it was out of warranty and then the new unit speaker broke within 1 month. I called Ooma in Dec and they told me the replacement didn't have warranty and if I wanted a new Telo that I'd have to buy a new one for 99 or a refurbished one for $40. I opened the unit to see if I could replace the speaker and unfortuantely it doesn't seem to be the actual speaker, it's the speaker circuitry that seems to be broken.

I was going to try to call Ooma again to see if they would replace my Telo...

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:46 am

Yes, it's the circuitry perhaps because I always had it set to maximum volume. But now that it's broken I've actually utilized this "feature"! When I want events to be logged but I don't want any notifications I simply set them to base notification. Since the base audio is broken, all I get is a log entry.

tjwitman

Post by tjwitman » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:05 am

Mine is doing the same thing! I think we have yet another problem with the security system!

Rebooted. No luck! No sounds at all. The fact that others are having same problem means it's at ooma's end, most likely. They probably screwed this up while trying to program a fix for the dysfunctional geofencing. Wonderful SECURITY? SYSTEM! I won't be buying any of the new items until they understand what RELIABILITY means.

tjwitman

Post by tjwitman » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:11 am

Since reset didn't work and pushing up volume and holding button on back for 3 seconds didn't work, it appears my unit after just 15 months is kaput! Nice! My old original version lasted for many years but technology advances while longevity goes down the crapper.
I ordered a replacement plus the Amazon Echo Connect for the same price as the Telo alone! I hope this one lasts a little longer!

remadevi80

Post by remadevi80 » Fri May 08, 2020 1:14 am

The same thing happend to my unit also, I bought another one, that one also became soundless.