Tampering Detected

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
rodwed
Tampering Detected

Post by rodwed » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:13 am

So now my Telo announces "garage door detects tampering". Actually, not just my garage door, but all doors. This happens without warning and apparently without reason. I originally thought maybe it was because a sensor may have become unglued or something. Not that. This morning I had to disable the base announcement because it wouldn't stop. Soon as I disabled the garage door base announcements, the back door started giving out the same announcement. So, for now, I have had to disable all my door sensors.
Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

critikle

Re: Tampering Detected

Post by critikle » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:23 am

I had a similar issue about two weeks after installing the system.

It started with the front door giving the warning a few random times so I reseated the sensor. Then it moved to the garage door and was warning me nonstop every few seconds until I reseated it and tested the little tamper button on the underside of the sensor. Then the back door a week later, same thing.

After that though I haven't had an issue with the tamper warning going on two months now. It's hard to say what the issue was. I don't know if it's a software or hardware glitch. I was thinking maybe since the tamper button works by detecting if the sensor has been detached from the door/frame by making sure the button underneath stays pushed in, maybe that tiny force is pushing against the adhesive force of the 3M strips enough to set it off, but that seems unlikely.

Wish I could help more.