Keypad to arm/disarm in addition to the app

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
John Samaras
Re: Keypad to arm/disarm in addition to the app

Post by John Samaras » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:05 pm

Ooma is now selling a Security Keypad
New Ooma Keypad
The Ooma Keypad pairs wirelessly with your Ooma Smart Security system. Conveniently arm and disarm and manage access to your security system with unique access codes. It’s especially helpful for homes with children, dog walkers, and housekeepers. Receive notifications or view logs about who switched modes and what time they switched it.
• Arm and disarm with ease – Switch between Off, Home, and Away modes.

• Unique access codes for visitors – Supports five unique PIN codes. Receive notifications when each code is used.

• Panic button – Sounds your Ooma Siren and sends real-time push notification alerts.

• Always connected – Wireless connection and battery power keep you constantly connected.

• Pair multiple Ooma Keypads – Add to your front and back doors, garage, or a second floor

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:37 pm

Sixty bucks is pretty pricey and almost twice as expensive as all the other Ooma hardware.

I'd consider it if I knew there was an EXIT DELAY which all alarm keypads from other vendors offer. Has anyone gotten one of these keypads yet and if so does it have an exit delay?

pamelaantonacci

Post by pamelaantonacci » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:19 am

Yes I have one.. Just received it. It works well enough. Think its overpriced but I am thankful OOMA finally added the accessory. It works with the exit delay set in the App. So once you press your pin then away it starts the countdown from either 0 seconds to 10 minutes depending on what you have it the default is 30 seconds.

j2carte

Post by j2carte » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:17 am

Bought the Ooma keypad and am very pleased, except I can't seem to get the entry delay to work. The exit delay works fine, but the alarm is tripped as soon as I reenter. Would love to hear how to set a 30 second delay for reentry.

j2carte

Post by j2carte » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:06 am

I think I've solved my problem with the re-entry delay. I had to start the application on my Android phone, select More -> Sensor Notifications -> [specific door] -> Away (mode) -> Door Opened -> [delay time desired]. The choices are not very granular, but 1 minute seems to be plenty long enough. :)

Next step: re-enable geo-sensing and see if the two features are compatible.