Keypad to arm/disarm in addition to the app

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
Sylvain Mayrand
Keypad to arm/disarm in addition to the app

Post by Sylvain Mayrand » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:56 am

Like traditionnal alarm system, we need a keypad to disarm or arm. It will allow my kids to disarm the system. They don't have a phone.
You must add a delay of 30 second before the alarm ring when someone open the door.

We also need a siren. Warning Stickers for windows and certificate for insurance

CordCutter

Re: Keypad to arm/disarm in addition to the app

Post by CordCutter » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:24 am

Any word/progress on a keypad? I have two kids and a mother-in-law without smartphones. How should they arm/disarm the alarm? Also a configurable delay for arming and disarming is required. A keypad is needed.
Cut the cable TV & POTS line March 2014

CordCutter

Post by CordCutter » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:19 pm

A keypad is really necessary. I'm thinking about mounting an old iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad to the wall just to give other house members or guests the ability to arm/disarm the system.

Come on Ooma, pull it together and offer a complete solution (just check out your competitors!)
Cut the cable TV & POTS line March 2014

phenz

Post by phenz » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:57 am

GREAT idea on a workaround with an old tablet! I also require a keypad for guests/vacation checkups by the neighbour

Sylvain Mayrand

Post by Sylvain Mayrand » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:15 am

Hello Ooma???? Anybody home??? Why you didn't reply? Your're stuck outside without a smartphone so you can't disarm your system because you don't have a keypad :D :D ;)

We ABSOLUTELY need a keypad to disarm or arm. My kids still don't have a smartphone to arm or disarm the system.

It is the ONLY feature why I didn't switch to your security system yet.

I use the water sensor but I want a complete security system

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:46 am

Why don't you purchase an HD3 handset? You can now change the home security mode (which I assume you are calling "arm/disarm") from the home security menu.

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:15 am

I was just reviewing the settings in my Ooma home security app and in the PIN setting menu a brief explanation says the pin is used on the HD3 handsets AND KEYPADS to change modes. Keypads? WHAT KEYPADS??

pamelaantonacci

Post by pamelaantonacci » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:24 pm

Ok so on the website i'm seeing a picture for a Keypad? When can we actually buy this lol... Honestly im going to start to install tablets for basic function of changing the status of my security system...
Attachments
sensor-group.jpg
sensor-group.jpg (64.82KiB)Viewed 5158 times

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:39 pm

Ooma debuts new products each year at the CES in Las Vegas, which is in January.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

John Samaras

Post by John Samaras » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:05 pm

Ooma is now selling a Security Keypad
New Ooma Keypad
The Ooma Keypad pairs wirelessly with your Ooma Smart Security system. Conveniently arm and disarm and manage access to your security system with unique access codes. It’s especially helpful for homes with children, dog walkers, and housekeepers. Receive notifications or view logs about who switched modes and what time they switched it.
• Arm and disarm with ease – Switch between Off, Home, and Away modes.

• Unique access codes for visitors – Supports five unique PIN codes. Receive notifications when each code is used.

• Panic button – Sounds your Ooma Siren and sends real-time push notification alerts.

• Always connected – Wireless connection and battery power keep you constantly connected.

• Pair multiple Ooma Keypads – Add to your front and back doors, garage, or a second floor