Home security App Error "cancelled" every time I open App

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
aalennox
Home security App Error "cancelled" every time I open App

Post by aalennox » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:51 am

My home security system add ons no longer function. The App gives an error message every time I launch it. I can not set my status to away and the sensors simply no longer function. It use to work fine. Very frustrating and essentially useless as is. Please assist in fixing this or otherwise extend me a refund so I can get a system that works. Thanks. See screen shots attached.
Attachments
Image-2.jpg
Image-2.jpg (175.22KiB)Viewed 3071 times
Image-1.jpg
Image-1.jpg (122.08KiB)Viewed 3071 times

j2carte

Re: Home security App Error "cancelled" every time I open App

Post by j2carte » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:42 pm

What have you tried to remedy the problem so far? I could easily be a problem with the cellphone or the app on the phone itself could have been corrupted. Did it ever work? What changed just before this started? The forum folks will be happy to help in most cases so please be a bit more description to help troubleshoot the problem? BTW, have you called tech support about the issue yet?

aalennox

Post by aalennox » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:53 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply. I decided to delete the App from my iPhone and reinstall. That seemed to get rid of the error but now all the sensors are shown as disconnected. Does that mean I have to unpair them and pair them all up again? I guess that is the logical next step given that they are all disconnected? Thanks again for your suggestion.

aalennox

Post by aalennox » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:47 pm

I was able to get it all back up and running - thanks for the advice. I had to also change the batteries in some of my units but I am not sure why that would cause the app to become corrupt? In any case, by deleting and reinstalling the app and then putting in new batteries in some of the sensors it all appears to be working again. Strange - wouldn't an error message that said "check your battery strength" not be more meaningful??