How to delete a device from mobile app?

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
OwenE
How to delete a device from mobile app?

Post by OwenE » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:53 pm

My Ooma app stopped correctly noticing home/away state changes on one of the two phones I had configured to be used for geofencing purposes.

So, I uninstalled and reinstalled the app on the problem phone.

I then found I had *two* "tiles" for the phone in the Dashboard - one that seems to track "Home/Away" correctly, but also another identically-named phone, stuck at "Home" permanently.

I have again uninstalled and reinstalled, but no change. I know I can set the phantom phone to be ignored for geofence purposes, but that's not the fix I want.

In short: How can you remove a device from the Home Security account? Clearly, uninstalling the app from the device isn't the answer.

Thanks.

Owen.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: How to delete a device from mobile app?

Post by Tom » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:54 pm

On iPhone you can do a swipe left. On Android this hasn't been implemented yet.

OwenE

Post by OwenE » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:16 pm

Thanks for the info.

Should I infer that there is simply no way to remove a device once it's been added?

If so, this would seem to be a serious flaw in the app's basic functionality, no?

AnthonyH
Ooma Moderator

Post by AnthonyH » Tue May 01, 2018 3:09 pm

As Tom stated above, on iOS, you can go to Modes > Geofencing Settings > Enabled Devices and swipe left on the device that you want to remove. A red "Delete" button should appear, allowing you to remove the device. We are still working on implementing the same functionality on Android.

OwenE

Post by OwenE » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:41 pm

The current version of the Home Security app on Android (1.10.4) now supports removal of devices. From the Dashboard, tap the tile for the device. "Delete Device" is then presented as an option on the next screen.

Owen