Door closed error when switching modes

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
rubenm
Door closed error when switching modes

Post by rubenm » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:18 am

Since yesterday I have been getting an error everytine time I switch modes saying my door is closed and won’t be monitored until open. Which makes no sense, should it be the other way around, that the door is open and koy monitored unitl closed?

I have tried rebooting the ooma base and I am still gettjng this error.

Any ideas?

rodwed

Re: Door closed error when switching modes

Post by rodwed » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:16 pm

I have been getting the same message. Usually it says that two of my doors are closed. This is very strange,

PeterG

Post by PeterG » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:52 am

I am seeing the same error and it does not make any sense to me: Front Door left CLOSED while switching modes. This sensor will NOT be PROTECTED until it is OPEN.

This indeed makes no sense.

Anybody at OOMA monitoring this board discussion?

phxmark

Post by phxmark » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:11 pm

I am getting the same message. It appears to have started after the last firmware update.

It is very annoying.

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:39 am

What's really annoying is the unintelligible error message. Someone at Ooma apparently flunked English class. :D

delsolsi

Post by delsolsi » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:43 am

I have the same problem what to do?

Grider

Post by Grider » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:12 am

Same here and apparently Ooma doesn't monitor this forum. What a shame they are missing a valuable source of info.

j2carte

Post by j2carte » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:08 pm

I'm pretty sure Ooma monitors the forums, but they just don't have any new input right now. I can understand that, coming from an IT development background myself. However, IT developers usually make the worst customer relationship managers so it would behoove Ooma to get someone from CRM or even Sales to occasionally keep the user-base informed of any progress on each reported problem.

Once I quit driving a keyboard for a living and started solving customer perception problems, I learned that even a simple acknowledgement of the problem and a few updates on the resolution satisfied everyone except habitual complainers.

I sure hope they are monitoring the forums - and especially read this post. I wish them nothing but good, but dead silence feels like abandonment. :?

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:32 am

It seems the norm today when customers complain is to quietly fix the problem but never respond to the complaints or acknowledge them. However, Ooma usually acknowledges problems and even reports fixes in their release notes. Case and point: The dysfunctional geofencing feature of the home security app which still doesn't work most of the time.

Grider

Post by Grider » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:17 pm

When CS doesn't respond here it results in a large increase in formal CS tickets and complaints. A simple response telling people they are aware of the problem and are working on it really helps both the company and the customer.